Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Kyrgyz Language from Alex Lugovskoy

I am still doing my reading on Kato Lomb. I have downloaded her book in Russian translation ("Как я изучаю языки"), which I want to read before I write my overview of Lomb's methods.

Meanwhile, here is an interesting site I have just discovered. It is called "Киргизский язык от Алекса Луговского", so unfortunately it will be of little use to those of you who don't read Russian.

As I'm browsing this site I am simply overwhelmed by all the information contained there. In addition to extensive background information on the Kyrgyz language, it contains a reference grammar and several online Kyrgyz lessons.

In the introduction, after some laments on the absence of good resources for the study of Kyrgyz, the author writes that he is planning to create an online Kyrgyz course without the shortcomings of the textbooks available to date.

What makes this project even more unusual is the fact that the author is neither Kyrgyz nor a resident of Kyrgyzstan.

Hopefully this much-needed course will grow beyond the two lessons that are currently online.

3 Comments:

Blogger C.R.Cavazos said...

Quite interesting. The farthest corner of the world, As it seems from here.

10:49

 
Blogger al-peron said...

RE: It is called "Киргизский язык от Алекса Луговского", so unfortunately it will be of little use to those of you who don't read Russian.

Looks like I have to consider writing an English version. Thanks for the idea. Placed it to my "to-do list".

10:37

 
Blogger chris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

19:12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home